Last modified: January 10, 2018
The Game Agency, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit MotivateCloud.com and/or engage with the Motivate Cloud platform (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Through your participation in Motivate Cloud as part of your employer training program, we collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, company ID, company e-mail address, work telephone number, or photograph (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the activity you undertake on the Website; and/or
- about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access our Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you or your employer provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you or your employer provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of activities you carry out through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Content uploaded to create a Motivate Cloud as well as the information for the people invited to participate in a Motivate Cloud.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies/, Cookies and Other Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, engagement on the Website with content and activities, as well as your browsing patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is both statistical data and individual. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Provide data to your employer about your engagement with and retention of the content they’ve provided
- Support our company growth, publicity, and marketing efforts.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do collect personal Information automatically, and we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between your employer and us
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Support our company growth, publicity, and marketing efforts.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Game Agency’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Game Agency about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a colleague” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Game Agency, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
As permitted by the employer, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any personally identifiable information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
THE GAME AGENCY, LLC
Last modified: November 21, 2017
There are places on the Internet without rules. This is not one.
Motivate Cloud is a place for you to share ideas, collaborate with team members, and learn how to be a rockstar in your career. Unlike websites like Facebook and Twitter, Motivate Cloud is a work-related site. In fact, it’s a great idea to think about Motivate Cloud as an extension of your physical workplace. If you’re ever in doubt about whether it’s OK to post something on Motivate Cloud, just ask yourself whether it would be OK to say it out loud at work. If the answer is yes, you’re probably fine. If the answer is no, then it’s probably not OK to post it on Motivate Cloud.
Why Do We Have These Rules?
Because they help us all create an environment where everyone can share their opinions in a constructive way. Plus, they serve as guidelines to help you make sure you don’t run into trouble because of something you post here. There aren’t many rules, but the ones we have are really important:
- Don’t threaten other users.
- Don’t use hateful speech or slurs.
- Don’t post sexually explicit content.
- Don’t post private information about teammates, supervisors, or customers.
What If You Break the Rules?
If you violate these rules, your comment may be edited or deleted by a moderator, and your right to post comments may be revoked. In addition, your supervisor may be notified to take further action. Remember – Motivate Cloud is an extension of your physical workplace. You could be reprimanded or even terminated based on your words and actions in your physical workplace, and the same rules apply when you post something on Motivate Cloud.
So What Now?
These rules sound serious, and they are, but they exist to make sure Motivate Cloud always remains a fun and educational gathering place.